Hello! I’m Casey from Kindergarten Korner, and I am so happy you’re here! I’ve taught kindergarten since 2006. Time sure goes by quickly. I often think to myself, “Where were Teachers Pay Teachers, Pinterest, and all of these amazing teacher blogs when I started my career?” We are so fortunate today to have these resources that allow teachers the opportunities to connect and collaborate. I love learning new things from all of the incredible teachers out there. This blog allows me to share my ideas with YOU!
How I got started…
From Teacher-preneur to Blogger!
A little bit about me..
I’m happily married to the most AMAZING guy in the world!
I am a Mommy to three children, who are my world.
I love traveling! My favorite places include Anna Maria Island, Florida, Colorado, Hilton Head Island, Mexico, and Punta Cana!
Family is everything to me!
Fun Facts About Me…
- I am a proud mom to three amazing kids, and I have a wonderful husband who actually likes to do all of the grocery shopping.
- When I got my contract in 2006, I was secretly disappointed because I really wanted 2nd grade. After one year in kindergarten, I knew that’s where God meant for me to be.
- The teacher-mom guilt is a struggle for me! I love my job, but I hate missing things for my own children during the school year.
- I lost my teacher bestie to a battle with brain cancer in 2017, and I miss her terribly.
- I’ve learned the importance of setting boundaries and leaving work at work. Last year, I made it a goal to leave work everyday at 4 p.m. I wish I had done this much sooner. It doesn’t take all the teacher stress away, but it helps!
- My TPT journey began awhile back thanks to a push from my friend Jen, but I didn’t begin working it as a real business until 2017 when I was on maternity leave. I absolutely love creating resources that help other teachers, and receiving great feedback is seriously the best feeling ever.
- My husband and I went to @atlantisbahamas for his birthday after I hit my “side-hustle” business goals in 2019! I am a huge fan of @kaysemorris’ podcast. In one episode, she said to set a financial goal along with a goal of what you’ll do when you hit that number. For me it was, Atlantis 2020! So blessed and grateful we got to go before COVID hit.
- I love the Blog and Instagram Teacher Community, and I’m so happy I created a #teachergram. It’s so refreshing to know that we are not alone in our struggles as educators. You all inspire me to be the best teacher I can be. Thanks for following me on my journey.
Check out my Kindergarten Korner Blog for teaching tips, resources, and more.