Hi, there. I’m Casey Stewart, the creator behind Kindergarten Korner. I’m so happy you found your way here! My goal is to provide parents, teachers, and homeschooling families with purposeful resources, classroom décor, bulletin boards, and engaging activities and ideas.
I’ve taught kindergarten since 2006. Time sure goes by quickly. I often think to myself, “Where were Teachers Pay Teachers, Pinterest, and all of these amazing teacher blogs when I started my career?”
We are so fortunate today to have these resources that allow teachers the opportunity to connect and collaborate. I love learning new things from all of the incredible teachers out there. This blog allows me to share my ideas with YOU!
Some Fun Facts About Me…
- I am a proud mom to three amazing kids, and I have a wonderful husband who has been the biggest supporter of my teacher-preneur journey.
- When I got my contract in 2006, I was secretly disappointed because I really wanted 2nd grade. After one year in kindergarten, I knew that’s where God meant for me to be.
- The teacher-mom guilt is a struggle for me! I love my job, but I hate missing things for my own children during the school year.
- I lost my teacher bestie to a battle with brain cancer in 2017, and I miss her terribly.
- I’ve learned the importance of setting boundaries and leaving work at work. Last year, I made it a goal to leave work everyday at 4 p.m. I wish I had done this much sooner. It doesn’t take all the teacher stress away, but it helps!
- My TPT journey began awhile back thanks to a push from my friend Jen, but I didn’t begin working it as a real business until 2017 when I was on maternity leave. I absolutely love creating resources that help other teachers, and receiving great feedback is seriously the best feeling ever.
- My husband and I went to @atlantisbahamas for his birthday after I hit my “side-hustle” business goals in 2019! I am a huge fan of @kaysemorris’ podcast. In one episode, she said to set a financial goal along with a goal of what you’ll do when you hit that number. For me it was, Atlantis 2020! So blessed and grateful we got to go before COVID hit.
- I love the Blog and Instagram Teacher Community, and I’m so happy I created a #teachergram. It’s so refreshing to know that we are not alone in our struggles as educators. You all inspire me to be the best teacher I can be. Thanks for following me on my journey.
Learn more about how I got started selling on TPT HERE.