When it comes to preschool, kindergarten, or first grade, there are some must-have visuals that are essential for the classroom. This Jumbo Crayons Color Word Wall is one of them. In this post, I’ll share all the details of this new resource and how it will benefit your students…
Jumbo Crayons Color Word Wall
This brand new resource available on TPT and my Kindergarten Korner Shop Site includes all you need to create an eye-catching color words display. Here’s what you’ll get:
This set includes:
- COLORS poster to display with your color word wall
- COLORS rainbow letters to display with crayons (in lieu of poster)
- 12 Black and White Crayons bottoms and tops – Print onto colored paper to save ink.
- 12 Color Crayons bottoms and tops – Print in color.
- BONUS student coloring page.
Tips for Assembling Your Jumbo Crayons Color Word Wall
- Choose the COLORS poster or bulletin board letters. Print, laminate, cut, and display.
- Choose the black and white crayons OR color crayons.
- If you are using the color version, you will need colored ink. Print onto white card stock.
- If you are using the BLACK & WHITE option with color paper like I did, you’ll need two sheets of each color (for each half of the crayon). I like to use the Astrobrights pack shown below for the bright colors!
- Because black, tan, and gray paper may not be included, you can use the color options crayons OR this pack of Neutral Astrobrights as used in my example photos.
- Print both halves of the crayons and cut. Use the “ADD GLUE HERE” guide to connect your crayon. The assembled large crayons measure about 17 inches long.
- Laminate and display!
- Use the bonus sheet the first week of school to introduce students to your color word wall!
Benefits of a Color Words Display
This resource is what I call “purposeful classroom decor.” Sure it’s pretty, but it has a PURPOSE! Early in the school year, I teach my kindergarten students about “environmental print,” or the words that are all around them. They are introduced to the color word wall the first week of school. They learn to read the color words over the year. When writing, my students reference the color word wall often to spell the color words correctly. By the end of the year, many kids learn to spell and write the color words without even looking.
You can find this resource in my TPT Store or in my Kindergarten Korner Shop Site.
NEW Spanish and French Color Word Wall Jumbo Crayons!
Upon request, you can now shop this resource in Spanish Color Words and French Color Words in my Kindergarten Korner Shop Site and TPT Store.
These are perfect for Spanish and French Foreign Language Teachers as well as teachers who live in countries where Spanish and French are spoken!
If you use any of the jumbo crayon resources in your classroom, I would love to see a pic! Please tag me on Instagram @Kindergartenkornerbycasey or email email@example.com.
Casey Stewart is a kindergarten teacher and founder of Kindergarten Korner. She has 17 years of experience teaching in kindergarten, first, and second grade. She created http://www.kindergartenkorner.com to inspire fellow educators and help guide parents and homeschooling families on their journey throughout the magical kindergarten experience. Casey also has three kids of her own at home. Learn more about her HERE.