2023 is right around the corner. Hopefully, you are reading this as you are relaxing in your pajamas on your well-deserved break! Heading back into the classroom after some time off is always hard. One thing that has always helped me transition back is to plan something fun that I look forward to doing with the kids. This 2023 New Year’s bulletin board, writing, and craft is the perfect activity for the week after break.
2023 New Year’s Bulletin Board
This resource includes everything you need to ring in the New Year:
- 2023 Disco Balls and optional bows
- Additional numbers to use in future years
- Easy cut letters that read “is our year to shine”
- Writing Flip Craft
- Disco ball choices for the top of the flip craft – one plain, one with line for students to write names
- Differentiated lined versions for writing response that accommodate writers in kindergarten, first grade, and second grade
- Bonus borders and accents as shown in the photos
- Black and White options are also included
- PLUS Teacher Tips
2023 Goal Writing
Choose your writing template, and copy onto white card stock. Then, select and copy the disco ball version for the top of the craft. I prefer to use the one with the black line for students to write their names.
Brainstorm a list of goals for the New Year with your students. Model an example of how to complete the writing prompt. Allow students to complete the writing flip craft. I prefer to do this in small groups.
Assembling Your 2023 New Year’s Bulletin Board
Print, cut, and laminate the bulletin board disco balls with numbers and the letters that read, “2023 is our year to SHINE!” Display with your students finished flip crafts for the perfect January display!
I wish you a happy and healthy New Year!