If you follow me on Instagram, you may be familiar with my monthly Family Homework projects. Basically, each month I send home a fun assignment that students complete at home with their grownups. The best part is that your kids do the work at home, and your bulletin board for the month is done! In this post, I’ll share my new January Bulletin Board and Family Homework…
January Bulletin Board & Family Homework
I had a special request from my Insta-friend @joyfulkindergarten to create a “Chillin’ With My Gnomies” display. Ask and you shall receive! I love how this resource turned out, and I can’t wait to see how it looks in your classrooms!
Here’s what’s included in this January Bulletin Board & Family Homework:
- A parent letter explaining the directions
- 8 B&W Winter Gnome Templates
- B&W Bulletin Board Letters – Print onto the color paper of your choice as shown in the first photo
- 6 B&W Gnome Writing Templates – Students write about their favorite ways to chill with their “gnomies”
- A Class Book Cover: Create a class book by placing the cover in the clear window of a binder. Place the completed writing pages in sheet protectors in the binder.
- Full page color gnomes to use for examples or on a teacher bulletin board
- Color bulletin board letters
- Last, you’ll get bulletin board accents circles, pennants, and bulletin board borders to complete your display!
Additionally, you’ll get Teacher Tips for using this resource in your classroom!
Creating Your Chillin’ With My Gnomies Bulletin Board
Creating your winter gnomes bulletin board is as easy as 1, 2, 3…
- Print the parent letter, attach a gnome template, and send it home.
2. When students bring back their decorated gnome, allow them to present their project to the class. Then, display with gnomes with the included bulletin board display letters as shown.
3. If you would like to extend the gnome theme, complete the writing prompt with the students in class. Place the pages into plastic sleeves and then into a binder. Slide the book cover into the binder window, and you’ve got a class book for your library!
Family Homework for Every Month
You can purchase this resource separately. However, you’ll save big when purchasing it as part of a growing bundle! Check out my Family Homework Growing Bundle that will include a project for each month of the school year once it is completed in 2023. As more resources are added, the price will go up. Snag it at the current price, and you’ll receive the free updates! You can also read more about my Family Homework Projects HERE.
January Ideas for Kindergarten
Coming back from the break is always tough. What has helped me in the past is having everything planned, printed, and ready for the first week back. I recommend sending home the parent letter and gnome templates on the day that you return from break. This gives the kids and parents something fun to work on together.
If you’re looking for more print and go ideas for the month of January, read more about 12 Ideas for After the Break!
Overall, I hope that the ideas shared in this post can help you have everything organized and ready to go for January. Then, you can relax over your break and enjoy every minute at home with your families. You deserve it!
Have you joined the Kindergarten Korner Free Resources Library? CLICK HERE to sign up and gain access to our growing collection of free resources.