If you are looking for a one-stop shop to find all the assessments you will need for the entire school year, look no further! This NO PREP GROWING Kindergarten Assessments Binder has assessments for Math, ELA, and Writing. Simply choose which assessments you need, print, and assess. This is the one resource that I cannot live without! I use it weekly for progress monitoring, and it is a life-saver around report card time!
Creating the NO PREP Kindergarten Assessment Binder
After teaching kindergarten for over ten years, I decided it was time to create a go-to, NO PREP Kindergarten Assessment Binder where I could store all assessments that I need for use throughout the year. I wanted to include Math, English Language Arts, and Writing into one package.
After many hours of creating this resource, I am so excited to share with you this GROWING Kindergarten Assessment Binder Bundle. This package contains over 100 pages and counting of Assessments for Math, ELA, and Writing. Many cover choices and subdivision/ section cover choices (for Math, ELA, and Writing) are included! Print out and place assessments in your go-to Teacher Assessment Binder! Use at the beginning of kindergarten for a baseline, at report card time, and at end of the year.
What does the term “growing” refer to on Teachers Pay Teachers?
Basically, updates will be added to this file at a later date. However, you will lock in the introductory price and receive the updates at no additional cost. If you purchase, you will receive a notification when more pages are added.
This NO PREP package includes all you need to assess your children for the Common Core standards…
- Number Recognition 1-20
- Number Recognition 1-30
- One-to-One Correspondence
- Number Writing 1 – 10
- Number Writing 1 – 20
- Geometry Shapes Assessment
- Geometry Solids Assessment
- Addition Assessment
- Greater Than/ Less Than
- Counting (up to 10)
- Counting (teen numbers)
- Ten Frames (up to 10)
- Ten Frames (teen numbers)
- Counting Tens and Ones Blocks
- Uppercase Letter Recognition
- Lowercase Letter Recognition
- Letter/Sound Correspondence
- Phonemic Awareness
- 1-20 HMH Kindergarten Journeys High Frequency Words
- 21-40 HMH Kindergarten Journeys High Frequency Words
- Full List of HMH Kindergarten Journeys High Frequency Words (End of Year Words 1 – 40)
- 1-20 Dolch Pre-primer Sight Words
- 21-40 Dolch Pre-primer Sight Words
- 1-40 Dolch Pre-primer Sight Words
- 1-26 Dolch Primer Sight Words
- 27-52 Dolch Primer Sight Words
- 1-52 Dolch Primer Sight Words
- /a/ Short vowel decodable words
- /e/ Short vowel decodable words
- /i/ Short vowel decodable words
- /o/ Short vowel decodable words
- /u/ Short vowel decodable words
- CVC Decoding Assessment (short a, e, i, o, and u)
- Short Vowel Decodable Words (CVC and 4 letter short vowel words – Semester Assessment)
- End of Year Decoding Assessment (CVC, ee words, digraphs, 4 and 5 letter words)
- 1st Week of Kindergarten “I like to…” writing prompt
- End of 1st Nine Weeks “I like to…” writing prompt
- End of 2nd Nine Weeks “I like to…” writing prompt
- End of 3rdNine Weeks “I like to…” writing prompt
- End of 4th Nine Weeks “I like to…” writing prompt
- 3 Differentiated formats of Opinion Writing
- Our Field Trip Sequence (first, next, then, last) Writing
- How to Sequence (first, next, then, last) Writing
- Beginning/ Middle End Writing
- Dogs/ Cats Compare and Contrast Writing
- Book Report Writing (Title, Author, Beginning, Middle, End)
Assembling your Kindergarten Assessments Binder is as easy as 1, 2, 3…
- First, print out this entire file.
- Next, place each assessment in a plastic sleeve and place the sleeves into a binder.
- Then, simply pull out the assessments as needed.
You can color code the assessments using Astrobrights. I like to use one color for the math, one for ELA, and another color for writing. This pack shown here with the neon colors is one of my favorites!
All oral assessments (number recognition, letters recognition, sounds, etc.) come with a teacher copy for students to look at while they read and a student/ parent copy to send home.
Use at the beginning of the year, report card time, and end of the year!
Blog Post Update 5/2020: Due to COVID-19 School Closures, these assessments may be used for virtual End of the Year assessments. Schedule a time to “meet” one-on-one with each student. Click on the “Present Screen” option. Show the page you wish to use to assess your students. For example, you may show the decodable words assessment on your screen. Have the student read the words.
I have over 10 years of curriculum writing into this MUST HAVE Kindergarten Teacher Tool. I hope that you find it as useful as I do. ENJOY!
This is a GROWING Assessment Bundle! More updates are coming in the Summer of 2020, and the price will go up as the resource grows. Buy it now at the listed price, and you’ll receive email notifications as more assessments are added at no additional cost.
Thank you so much for looking! I hope you have a wonderful kindergarten year!