It’s almost 2022! The New Year is the perfect time to have your students set goals or intentions. In this post, I will share my 2022 New Year’s Resolution Writing and Craft resource that will make a great January bulletin board.
2022 New Year’s Resolution Writing Resource
This resource includes everything you need for the perfect post-break activity. Here’s what’s included:
- 2022 Differentiated Writing Templates with both primary lines and regular lines for writers in kindergarten, first, and second grade
- All craft topper templates
- Bulletin Board Lettering Choices – Choose from black and white options or the new gold sparkle lettering shown below.
Prepping Your 2022 New Year’s Writing and Craft
Putting together this activity is as easy as 1, 2, 3…
- Print the craft topper templates onto white cardstock.
- Choose the writing template appropriate for your students, and print onto bright paper.
- Select the lettering of your choice. Print, cut, and laminate if you wish.
Setting Goals for the New Year
I read the story Squirrel’s New Year’s Resolution, and we discuss what the word “resolution” means. Together, we create a list of resolutions or goals for the New Year. Some students choose a school-related goal such as learning to read. Others set goals of learning to ride a bike without training wheels or learning to do a cartwheel. Students complete the writing portion as I walk around to provide assistance when needed. They color the paper topper to look like themselves. I always have Colors of the World crayons on hand so they can match their skin tone. Here’s how a few turned out…
I do assist most kids with cutting out the paper topper. Staple or glue the topper as shown. Hang your letting, and display your student’s New Year’s resolutions.
You can find my New Year’s Resolution Writing and Craft Resource in my TPT store sold separately or as part of my January MEGA Bundle.
Looking for more post-break ideas? CLICK HERE to learn more about 12 no and low prep activities for January!
Happy New Year, teacher friends! May 2022 get a little easier for all of us.
Leave a Reply