April Family Homework has just been posted, and you’re going to love it. If you’re new around here, family homework is a must-do in my kindergarten classroom. Each month, I send home a fun homework assignment that students complete with their grownups. When the kids bring it back, you have an instant bulletin board for the month. It’s truly a win-win for everyone. In this post, I’ll give you a sneak peek into my new April Family Homework.
April Family Homework
This month’s theme is “Our class is EGG-cellent.” Here is what is included in this resource:
- April Family Homework Parent Letter that explains the directions in a custom poem format
- 5 Black and White Egg Templates
- 3 Choices of Egg Writing Templates
- Bulletin Board Decor – borders, large eggs, bulletin board letters in a variety of sizes for boards or classroom doors (color and black and white options)
- A BONUS class book with covers and a writing promptCreate this beautiful spring bulletin board with everything you see here PLUS your students’ decorated eggs and writing pieces!
Teacher Tips for Using this Resource
Here is how you can use this spring activity in your kindergarten or first grade classroom…
- Print the parent letter. Attach a black and white egg template and the egg writing template of your choice. Send the 3 page stapled packet home.
- Print the bulletin board decor. Print only the pages you need. Choose from various sizes of letters for your bulletin boar or classroom door display as shown below. Some of the larger decor pieces are spread apart into 2 pages. Print, cut, and assemble.
- When students return the project, allow them to share their writing with the class.
- Display the egg flip crafts with the decor and letters for your April bulletin board!
- Optional: Create a class book with the bonus cover and writing prompts.
Three Ways to Shop
Introducing more ways to shop…You may now find this resource in my TPT Store, Kindergarten Korner Shop Site, or Etsy.
You can also purchase the FAMILY HOMEWORK GROWING BUNDLE IN MY TPT STORE! This bundle will be completed in April of 2023. Snag it at the current price, and you’ll receive the updates for FREE!
Casey Stewart is a kindergarten teacher and founder of Kindergarten Korner. She has 17 years of experience teaching in kindergarten, first, and second grade. She created www.kindergartenkorner.com to inspire fellow educators and help guide parents and homeschooling families on their journey throughout the magical kindergarten experience. Casey also has three kids of her own at home. Learn more about her HERE.
Leave a Reply